Mr Anand has published reasearch work and novel techniques throughout his career. A selection of his recent publications with links to the full articles is shown below:
Knee cap instability. Mr Anand is a recongnised leader in this area. He was invited to publish a review article to update on the best treatments for this problem. The article can be accessed from the link below:
- Invited international review article published by Mr Anand teaching on advances in treatment of patella instability:
Mr Anand has a passion for optimsing care for patients with ACL ruptures. He has published a lot on this area.
- Mr Anand was invited to publish on the advances of ACL repair.
- Summary of revision ACL reconstruction and return to sport paper published by Mr Anand while working in Australia
A list of some of his other publications:
Patellofemoral Joint Instability. Where are we in 2018. ESSKA Insrtuctional Course Lecture Book. 2018
- Why do Patellofemoral Stabilization Procedures fail? Keys to Success. Caplan N, Nassar I, Anand BS, Kader D Sports Medicine & Arthroscopy Review. 2017 Mar;25(1):e1-e7
- Tightrope fixation of syndesmotic injuries in Weber C ankle fractures: a multicentre case series. Anand AS, Wei R, Patel A Allardice G, Vedi V, Anand BS European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery & Traumatology.2017 May;27(4):461-467.
- Virtual fracture clinic delivers British Orthopaedic Association compliance Holgate J, Kirmani S, Anand BS Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons of England Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2017 Jan;99(1):51-54
- Return-to-Sport Outcomes After Revision Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction Surgery. Anand BS , Feller JA, Richmond AK, Webster KE Am J Sports Med. 2016 Mar;44(3):580-4.
- A Novel Approach To the Diagnosis and Management of Meralgia Paresthetica. Nouraei R, Anand BS, Spink G, O’Neill K. Neurosurgery. April 2007 60 (4) 696-700 Imperial College. Charing Cross Hospital, London
- The culture of articular chondrocytes in hydrogel constructs within a bioreactor enhances cell proliferation and matrix synthesis. Akmal M, Anand BS, Anand A, Wiseman M, Goodship AE, Bentley G. Journal of Bone Joint Surgery Br. (JBJS). April 2006. 88-B(4):544-553. Institute of Orthopaedics. Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore.
- The effect of nicotine on spinal disc cells – A cellular mechanism for back pain? Akmal M, Kesani A, Anand BS, Singh A, Wiseman M, Goodship A SPINE. 2004 29 (5) 569-575 Institute of Orthopaedics. Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore.
Mr Anand has also has over 50 international presentations of his research work. Selected work includes:
Do not forget about sagittal trochlea length with assessing patella femoral joint instability.
Podium: Mahpatra P, Ajay J & Anand BS. 12th ISAKOS congress Cancun Mexico May 2019
Medial Patella femoral ligament reconstruction – can we predict the outcome?
Mohammed F, Mahpatra P, Ajay J & Anand BS 20th EFORT congress Lisbon Portugal June 2019
Return to Professional Sport Following Multi-Ligament Knee Reconstruction
Anand B, Jones M, Williams A
Podium Presentation. World Sports Trauma Congress & 7th EFOST Congress. 17-20th October 2012
Role of high tibial osteotomy with ACL reconstruction in ACL-deficient varus knees with medial compartment OA: Systematic review.
Anand A, Patel A, Anand B.
Podium Presentation. Combined 33rd SICOT & 17th PAOA Orthopaedic World Conference. Dubai, United Arab Emirates. 28-30 November 2012.
Enhancement of articular chondrocyte metabolic activity on exposure to hyaluronic acid injections – A cellular mechanism of action?
Akmal M, Anand B, Singh A, Kesani A, Bentley G
Poster Presentation: British Orthopaedic Research Society Sept 2001
Presented at the Orthopaedic Research Society Feb 2003. Transactions Vol.28, New Orleans, Louisiana, 2003. 0743.
Synovial Fluid Biochemistry - A Novel Approach To Diagnosing An Infected Arthroplasty.
Akmal M, Anand A, Anand B, Kesani A, Skinner J, Bentley G.
Poster presentation. 49th Annual Meeting of the Orthopaedic Research Society (ORS).
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. February 2003
Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore.
Inhibitory effect of methylprednisolone on articular chondrocyte metabolic activity.
Akmal M, Anand A, Mannering N, Anand B, Goodship A, Bentley G.
Poster presentation. 49th Annual Meeting of the Orthopaedic Research Society (ORS).New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. February 2003
Institute of Orthopaedics. Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore.